Silicone free Moisturizers Brands 2019
Silicones are a popular ingredient in facial moisturizers. Their water-binding capabilities hold the moisture well, even when the skin becomes wet. Their unique fluid properties give the skin a great deal of slip. Silicones can feel like silk on the skin.
There are numerous forms of silicones used in cosmetic products, particularly leave-on skin care products and as well as shampoos and conditioners. You can easily identify silicones on the list of ingredients where they end on -xane or -cone; such as Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone or Phenyl trimethicone.
Silicone free Moisturizers for Ladies
Silicones remain on the surface of the skin, they don’t get absorbed and therefore are not labeled as “active” ingredients. The unique molecular structure of silicones allows them to form a permeable barrier and also explains why silicones rarely feel heavy or occlusive, although they offer protection against moisture loss.
Especially women with acne-prone skin are looking for silicon free facial moisturizers as the silicone oil tends to clog the pores.
We have put together a list of mainly all-natural and organic facial moisturizers that do not only avoid silicones but also are free from other chemicals such as parabens or mineral oil based ingredients. Instead these brands use for instance Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera orPeptides, which help revitalize the skin’s building blocks so it becomes more resilient.
Christina Moss Naturals – Organic Facial Moisturizer
- SLS-free, without Propylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol Derivatives, Parabens, Sulfates, Silicones, Dyes, Synthetic Fragrance or Preservatives.
Dr’s Cosmetic Bio+N Barrier Cream for Anti Aging and Sensitive
- for Oily, Dry Skin, Eczema, Psoriasis & Rosacea Care
- free of Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Paraben, Silicone, Synthetic Color, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, talc, sodium sulfate, BHT, benzofenone
- Non-oily, No toxins, fragrances, fillers, alcohol, silicones or parabens
Aya Natural – Facial Moisturizing Cream
- Non Greasy Vegan Natural Face Moisturizing Day Cream
- Contains no alcohol or artificial ingredients
ACURE Day Cream Gotu Kola Stem Cell
- Vegan, gluten and cruelty free, without parabens, sulfates, silicones, phthalates and synthetic fragrances
Good For You Girls All Natural Light Weight Facial Moisturizer
- All Natural and Organic Ingredients. No Parabens, sulfates, silicones, petrochemicals, phthalates, synthetic fragrance or dyes, Gluten Free, Vegan, Cruelty Free
… for Men
Lather & Wood Face Moisturizer
- natural ingredients including natural peptides, hyaluronic acid, organic jojoba oil, and shea butter, and multiple botanical antioxidants such as palm oil.
Rugged & Draper Skin Fuel for Men Facial Moisturizer
- Fragrance free, paraben free, vegan, cruelty free, no silicones
Mr Smith Facial Moisturizer
- Free from fragrance and harmful toxins and chemicals
Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20
- certified organic ingredients, gluten free, fragrance fee, paraben free, vegan, no silicones
Silicones in facial moisturizers can be easily avoided by choosing the right product. Using silicon free moisturizers is not only more natural for your skin it also saves the environment because silicones are difficult to clean from the waste water.
If you suffer from sensitive skin, this article might be of interest to you: Alcohol-Free Moisturizer for sensitive Skin